Anyone facing a legal challenge can benefit from Peaks and Valleys services: from those who need an estate plan to those seeking support in probating an estate after the death of a loved one to anyone dealing with family law issues related to marriage, divorce, co-parenting or adoption, attorney Janel Chin is ready to help.
Peaks & Valleys helps clients navigate the emotional, organizational & legal challenges they face during the natural course of their lives.
Who can benefit from P&V’s services?
P&V offers comprehensive Family Law services. Whether planning for an impending marriage, adoption, divorce or dealing with post-dissolution financial or parenting issues P&V is prepared to help with the major legal challenges your family is facing. Attorney Janel Chin has specialized education and training in alternative dispute resolution and collaborative processes and has experience with the following situations:
- Assisting those who are engaged to be married with prenuptial agreements or married clients who would like the certainty provided by a post-nuptial agreement with their spouse.
- Advising and representing those undergoing a separation or dissolution of marriage.
- Providing guidance to those navigating the process of co-parenting their child after a relationship with the other parent ends to maximize family well-being.
- Representing those caring for minor children or dependent adults in seeking guardianship or adoption to ensure financial and healthcare needs can be best met.
- Representing qualifying minors who would like to be legally emancipated.
P&V offers comprehensive Estate Planning services, assisting clients with wills, trusts, power of attorney and living will and advance directive documents.
- Over half of Americans have not taken the important step of finalizing an estate plan so that their loved ones are not left in a precarious position when they die
- P&V specializes in assisting adults with prudent preparations for unexpected disability or death
- It is especially important that parents of minor children appoint a guardian to care for their children if necessary
Probate is often feared as a complicated or daunting process but depending upon the estate, it can be made easier. Peaks and Valleys specializes in providing simple, cost-effective guidance to those probating the estate of a loved one. P&V offers comprehensive representation of family members involved with the process of probating an estate after a family member or friend passes away.